Seven of S&T Tuesday gang descended on the Broadway Signal Box to
install the levers in the lever frame. John P and Len crawled through the
rodding tunnel and positioned themselves for the fitting and tightening
of the pivot pin saddles.
Under the expert guidance of Malcolm W we did a final clean of the bores and oil holes in the levers
and lowered them into the frame in the correct colour order (all the levers have already been finish painted in their appropriate colours)
We got about a third fitted by the first tea break
levers will be used in the initial phase of operation at Broadway.
By lunchtime we were nearly there after a finger numbing push to get all the levers in
Once the levers are in we had to fit the tread plate support bars - quite a fiddly job getting the
bolts in and tightened. Then the tread plates were slotted in - looks really smart!
The team admiring the result!