Six of us at Broadway today to progress the fittings on 3 signals and to deliver the final piece of the locking tray that we have now acquired. Locking activity is for another day
To be fitted here
Quite a bit of paint chipping has occurred during its transfer from Winchcombe and assembly so I spent a while touching up the , mainly black, paintwork.
Before fitting :
And a couple of shots after assembly . Note that the front disc still has to be fitted, we will leave this off until a future date. Also you may have noticed that we did not realise, because we were using the bracket to mount the ground signal, the length of the black portion on the post was insufficient - this has been rectified and everything is now black up to the upper clamp! With hindsight, the length of the larger diameter of the post could have been a little longer to give us a bit more leeway for juggling all these fittings - but it all functions and looks good:
Then off we went to our pride and joy - the wooden post - now firmly secured in its concrete boot. The ladder has been fixed at the top with its rather unusual configuration :
We had time at the end of the day to put some undercoat on areas of the paintwork that had been damaged during its rise from obscurity and it will get a final coat of white gloss next time.
Round the route indicator signal and number 39, nature is rapidly encroaching so John P felt in an attacking mood and had a go at clearing some of the growth
The track in the foreground will probably be sitting on sleepers by the time you read this!!